**Please be patient with us as we do our best to get back to everyone who has emailed and called. The majority of your questions can be answered below – please review in full before reaching back out to our Sales team. We will prioritize inquiries that are not answered below.
Please note that email sign-ups for Release 1 are now closed, to be added to our list for future releases sign up here!
How can I express interest in purchasing a lot in Trussler West?
On Friday, February 19th, a link to register and express interest in a purchasing appointment will be sent to all individuals on our Trussler West email list. Not on our email list? Sign up here. The registration form will let our Sales Representatives know that you / your client(s) are interested in a home in Trussler West.
Please note that due to the limited number of homes being sold, registration DOES NOT guarantee a purchasing appointment will be received. Submissions will be accepted until Sunday, February 21st at 11:59 PM. Only one Google form will be accepted per purchaser and per household. Duplicate or incomplete registrations will be removed.
What do I need to fill out the registration form?
Please prepare in advance for registration. You / your client(s) will require the following in order to submit a registration form: a Google account that can be linked to the form, a completed Buyers Agency Agreement form, and if working with a realtor we require their information as well (including name, phone number, email, brokerage, and photo of their business card).
If you / your client(s) are selected for a purchasing appointment, the primary buyer will be contacted by a representative of Activa in the coming weeks to schedule the appointment. Activa will schedule purchasing appointments until all lots are sold in this release. If you do not receive a purchasing appointment but are still interested in a future release, Activa will provide you with an opportunity to re-express interest.
What information will I require to submit the form?
- Primary purchaser info (name, email, phone number, street address)
- If there is a secondary purchaser (name, email, phone number, street address)
- Solicitor information (optional) (firm name, solicitor name, email, phone number, street address)
- If you are an agent, or you are working with one (name, email, phone number, brokerage, photo of a business card)
- Home preference details (personal/family/investment use, square footage, preferred lot size, preferred floorplan, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, family size)
How are you selecting individuals for a purchasing opportunity?
Submissions are NOT selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. All submissions will be evaluated by Activa. Please ensure you take your time filling out the form and submit all requested documentation.
NOTE: A mortgage pre-approval is mandatory to purchase a home in Trussler West.
How will the appointment process work?
If selected, our Sales Representatives will email the primary buyer with an opportunity to purchase. Due to the status of COVID-19, and your preference, purchasing appointments may take place in-person or virtually. You will need to bring:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Mortgage Verification Letter
- Deposit Cheque
At this appointment, you will select a model, and any structural upgrades, based on availability. Our Sales Representatives will take this information to produce an Agreement of Purchase and Sale (APS) for the you to sign.
What floorplans are available in Release 1?
You can find all of our floorplans here.
- For 30′ Lots, you can select from the Daisy, Primrose, Sandridge II, Ridgewater, Brookside and Meridian
- For 36′ Lots, you can select from the Magnolia, Elderberry, Clearbrook, Summerpeak, Brookstone, Pinehurst (Corner Lots only) and Artisan.
What are the standard finishes that come with this project?
You can view our standard finishes here. Some highlights of standards in all single detached homes include:
- Granite Countertops in the Kitchen
- Hardwood in the Great Room
- 9′ Ceilings on the Main Floor
- Large Egress Basement Windows
- Triple Pane Vinyl Windows
- HRV & High-Efficiency Furnace
- PLUS, ENERGY STAR® certified
Our selection of contemporary homes come with additional standards which you can find listed here.
We also have Net Zero Ready packages available to purchase at the time of sale. These homes are optimized so that the home is capable of generating as much energy as an average family consumes – all it needs post-closing is energy producing technology like solar panels to be installed. You can find more information on Net Zero Ready here.
What are the closing dates?
Trussler West anticipated closing dates for lots offered in Release 1 range from April 2022 to September 2022. Please speak with one of our Sales Representatives for further details on specific closing dates.
What is the deposit structure?
You / your client(s) will be required to provide a cheque in the amount of $5,000.00 at the purchasing appointment in order to secure a lot. At firm, you / your client(s) will need to provide 10% of the purchase price, less the $5,000 deposit.
Is HST included in the purchase price?
Yes, HST is included in the price you see on the price sheet.
Are appliances included?
No, appliances are not included in our single detached homes.
Do you allow for assignments?
Activa does not allow assignments on any projects.
What is your co-operative commission rate?
We proudly offer 2.25% on the base price less HST – one of the highest new construction co-operative commission rates in the Waterloo Region! All co-operating agents and their clients must sign an OREA Confirmation of Cooperation of Representation to verify they are representing the client. This form must be completed before any engagement with Activa. Commissions will be paid at closing.
If I am an agent representing my client, am I able to fill out the form on their behalf? Am I able to fill it out for multiple clients under one Google account?
Yes! You may fill out the form on your client’s behalf and you may use the same Google account for multiple clients.
What type of buildings will be in the multi-residential block on Benninger Drive, and when will those be released for sale?
These units will be a variety of townhomes and are anticipated to be released to the public for sale Spring 2022.
Do you have a model home to view?
At this time, Activa does not have model homes to view.
If I’m interested in a lot not included in the first release, what should I do?
Hang tight – we currently do not have a timeline for future releases, however, if you remain on our email list, we will update you when future releases in Trussler West become available.
If I express interest in purchasing but do not secure a lot, am I automatically added to a list for future releases?
Once we release more lots, we will send you an email to re-express your interest in purchasing. At that time, it will be stated whether you need to fill out another Google Form or not.
Want more info on Trussler West?
View our marketing package to see pricing, floorplans, features and finishes here!
- To register for Trussler West emails, click here.
- To view the Google Drive with all marketing material, click here.
- To access the Floorplans, click here.
- To access the Price Sheet + Lot Premiums, click here.
- To view the Site Map, click here.
- To view the Standard Features & Finishes, click here.
- To view the additional Contemporary standards, click here.
- To learn more about the Trussler West community, click here.
- To learn more about ENERGY STAR, click here.
- To learn more about Net Zero Ready, click here.
- To learn more about Activa, click here.