Welcome to Your New Home
Congratulations on moving into your new Activa home. We would like to personally welcome you to our family of homeowners and reassure you that we are still here for you, even after moving day!
Below we offer invaluable homeowner resources that will detail how to care for your new home, so it stays in excellent condition for years to come! We encourage you to browse through the links below and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Experience Coordinator for any further questions. Our goal is to educate you and provide guidance so that homeownership feels worry-free and exciting!
Home Maintenance YouTube Playlist:
- Your Tarion New Home Warranty
- How to Control Moisture and Humidity in Your New Home
- How to Winterize Hose Bibs
- How to Change a Furnace Filter
- Tips to Troubleshoot your Furnace
- Tips to Troubleshoot your Air Conditioner
- How to Reset a Breaker
- How to Check Attic Insulation
- How to Test your Sump Pump
- How to Fix a Running Toilet
- How to Find a Water Leak
Home Maintenance Blog Series on ActivaLearn:
- Winter Home Maintenance: Tips for Keeping Your Home Warm and Cozy!
- Spring Home Maintenance: Preparing for Warmer Weather!
- Summer Home Maintenance: Getting the Most out of Sunny Days!
- Fall Home Maintenance: Getting Your Home Ready for Winter
Your Tarion Warranty
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is the regulator of new home builders, but Tarion administers warranties and protections for purchasers of new homes! After you move in, there are specific statutory warranties: the 30-day, 1-year, 2-year and 7-year warranty, covering major defects. These warranties begin the day you take occupancy.