for the foodies:
Celebrating your love with food and drinks just sounds right. Head out on a date night in your favourite outfit or get comfy in your pyjamas to celebrate at home with some delicious food and wine. Check out these businesses offering special Valentine’s Day packages:
- S&V Uptown – Experience fine dining with a special 5-course tasting menu.
- Rosel’s – In this Filipino-style Valentine’s day special, you get vegetable spring rolls, chicken BBQ skewers, crispy lechon belly and fried noodles, plus a bento ube cake for dessert!
- The Bauer Kitchen – Celebrate at Bauer kitchen with a special Valentine’s Day menu featuring fresh lucky lime oysters, crab linguini and chocolate lava cake!
- Loloan Lobby Bar – Enjoy Valentine’s Day with a specialty 3-course menu crafted for the occasion.
- Solé Restaurant and Wine Bar – A prix fixe Valentine’s menu with appetizers, entrees, and desserts. They are also offering vegan alternatives upon request!
- The Grazing Table KW – A selection of graze, prosecco, tulips, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Select the package that suits your needs.
Harp & Fin – A Galentine’s day kit that includes a charcuterie box from Vincenzo’s with meats, cheese, and chocolate-covered strawberries, a Tealish iced tea to mix with your favourite prosecco, and a vase with florals to create a unique flower arrangement.
Visit Curated KW for a list of even more local restaurants to enjoy in the KWC Region!
gifting never smelled this good:
Get creative with your gifts by creating a customized gift basket with locally purchased items. Check out these local shops with a different range of products such as flower arrangements, candles, body care products, and more to add to the basket.
- Charmed Flowers – Flower arrangements, candle bundles, and chocolate.
- Sweet & Spice Candles – Valentine’s day box, soy wax candles, and accessories.
- Floraphillia – A 3-month bouquet subscription, sweetheart flower bouquets, and tulips.
for the dessert lovers:
A celebration is not complete without dessert! Complete your Valentine’s Day dinner by adding sweets to your menu from these local bakers.
- Chocolate Yummies – Berries & hearts, mini picnic cakes, sweet graze boxes, and Nutella brownie hearts.
- Bellissima Cakes – Valentine’s Day treat boxes with smash hearts, candies, cookies, cakesickles, and chocolates.
- The Bakery – Heart cookie box, floral cupcake bouquets, and different flavoured cakes.
- Lady Glaze Doughnuts – Valentine’s Day offerings include guava cheesecake, honey almond lavender, raspberry red velvet, chocolate-covered strawberry, red wine and dark chocolate, and bleeding heart. They also have Valentine’s Day kids mix that includes raspberry and red licorice, strawberry sprinkle, vanilla cookie candy gram and chocolate sprinkles!
- The Sconery – Pre-order a Valentine’s Day cake for a special celebration at home!
- LenJo Bakes – The ultimate Valentine’s gift box filled with 2 strawberry pop tarts, 3 dark chocolate truffles, 2 macarons, a heart-shaped raspberry linzer, raspberry meringue rosettes, and a dark chocolate raspberry cookie.
for staycation lovers:
Escape to a luxurious staycation right here in the KWC Region! There are many beautiful spots in Kitchener, St. Jacobs, and Elora if you are looking to spend some time away from home but want to keep travel to a minimum.
- Hotel 52 – Valentine’s package with a chilled rose bubbly on your arrival, chocolate-covered strawberries, V-Day candy, cupid s’mores kit with an in-room roaster, and a HOTEL52 souvenir candle.
- The Walper Hotel – Relax in style and sophistication, while enjoying the quirk, charm, and flavours of The Walper. The Romantic Getaway package is perfect for couples looking to reconnect or celebrate something special.
- Elora Mill Hotel & Spa – A range of seasonal packages to choose from such as “The Cozy” package that includes a one-night stay, $200 credit to their spa, two spa bathrobes, two handmade mugs, Sloane fine tea, and breakfast for two in their restaurant.
for movie lovers:
Plan a retro movie night followed by a dinner reservation at your favourite local restaurant. Princess Cinema is viewing ‘An American in Paris’- a 1951 Best Picture-winning musical viewing on Valentine’s Day. Tickets are available to book on Princess Cinema’s website.
Get social with us
Do you plan on trying one of our Valentine’s Day activities? Follow and tag @builtbyactiva in your date-night photo on Instagram or Facebook for a chance to be featured on our social media feed or blog. Happy Valentine’s Day!