Job Title: Construction Labourer
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
The Labourer is responsible for assisting the Site Supervisor by performing tasks involving physical labour at construction sites to ensure construction details and deadlines are met in a timely and quality workmanship manner. The specific tasks of this role include day to day clean-up of site, erecting scaffolding and support braces, cleaning and preparation of houses and work sites, and operation of a variety of hand and power tools. Labourers are physically fit, hardworking and able to follow instructions rapidly and proficiently.
- Provide support to Site Supervisor through various hands on construction and site tasks
- Compliance with Company health and safety training and reporting requirements
- Travel to multiple job sites as required
- Loading and unloading of vehicles with supplies, equipment and construction material
- Assist carpenters, masons and other trades and specialized contractors
- Clean, maintain, and service tools, equipment and machinery
- Move tools, equipment, machinery and construction material to and from work areas
- Prepare sites and clean up rubble and debris in a timely manner to ensure a safe and well maintained construction site
- Dig trenches, maintain truck log, and perform other duties as required
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years related experience
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, Elevated Lift and other typical safety certifications are considered assets
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lb.
- Able to communicate competently and effectively in the English language; both verbally and in writing
- Able to receive, interpret and act on directions in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to interact with a wide range of personalities while remaining tactful, diplomatic and professional at all times
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to make decisions based on sound judgment and reasoning
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and under direct supervision in a busy environment
- Hand tool and power tool use required
"*" indicates required fields
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.