Job Title: Warranty Technician
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Lead Warranty Technician
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reporting to the Lead Warranty Technician, the Warranty Technician is responsible for providing excellent Customer Service to all Company clients. The successful candidate will service the homes of our clients by investigating and correcting all recorded deficiencies following the 30-Day Tarion Form. The Warranty Technician at times may also organize and coordinate trade schedules to complete any and all service work.
- Review 1 Year and 2 Year, Major Structural and Intermediate service requests provided by the Warranty Coordinator and prepare/purchase materials required to complete warranty service work prior to attending the homeowner appointment
- Complete 1 Year and 2 Year, Major Structural and Intermediate service requests as assigned
- Complete repairs such as light framing, drywall, paint, trim, door adjustments, leak assessments, floor squeak corrections etc.
- On a rotational basis, will assist in after-hours emergency call coverage. This will primarily consist of over the phone service assistance but may from time to time require an onsite visit.
- Provide detailed assessment notes consisting of tolerance measurements, photos, and next steps back to the Warranty Coordinators
- Provide educational and home maintenance strategies to our homeowners, which are aligned with Activa’s service standards
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to our homeowners
- Attend regular strategy and improvement meetings with both the Lead Technician and the Warranty Specialist
- Provide general construction assistance to the Construction Department as deemed necessary
- Understanding the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines to determine warranted or non-warranted items
- Obtain signatures from homeowners upon completion of work
- Contacting trades to discuss or troubleshoot service issues that need to be resolved on the spot
- Rebooking Service appointments directly with the homeowners prior to leaving the appointment
- Clean and maintain Company Service Van
- Other duties as assigned
- Secondary school diploma
- Professional, mature individual with a minimum 2 years’ experience in the Service/Construction and Home Building industry
- Finish/Trim Carpentry skills in addition to basic drywall and painting experience are required
- Good understanding of Ontario Building Code and Tarion’s Construction Performance Guidelines
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle with the willingness to travel daily to assigned sites.
- Must have own tools that are typical for New Home Construction
- Well organized and competent individual
- Strong communication and Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines as assigned
"*" indicates required fields
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.