Senior Property Manager
Company: Cornerstone Property Management
Job Title: Senior Property Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Under limited supervision, the Senior Property Manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all property management, maintenance, and leasing activities associated with a growing portfolio of residential and commercial buildings. Key duties include identifying potential tenants and showing space as appropriate; schedule and coordinate building maintenance and repairs; correspond with owner’s accounting department to ensure accurate and detailed accounting records are kept; collect rents and evict defaulting tenants as necessary.
- Oversees activities of contractors and ensure value added work is provided; Monitors general expenditures/repair history of units.
- Solicits bids for annual maintenance contracts as required and ensures contracts are carried out in cost effective and appropriate manner.
- Solicits and identifies potential tenants for the properties; schedules, meets, and shows property to prospects; coordinates and schedules leases; liaises with prospective customers and tenants as needed
- Collects rent, ensures timely payment; initiatives eviction notices and collection proceedings as necessary in accordance with Landlord Tenant Act.
- Ensures accounting is kept accurate and up-to-date and liaisons with accounting department to establish and maintain records
- Accountable for the professional management of a portfolio of commercial and residential rental properties.
- Develops policies, reports, annual budgets, and controls to support operations and ensures compliance with existing contracts and approval thresholds
- Creates and monitors the annual maintenance plan, and oversees the management of contractor relationships
- Provide rental income comparable data
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, assist with the implementation of the lease up strategy for the rental properties
- Other duties as assigned within the scope and spirit of the role.
- CPM designation or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Property Management position
- Organized and effective in dealing with conflict resolution and people management
- 5 years of experience in a similar role within the real estate industry and oversight of rental portfolio (residential primarily)
- Property Management experience is required
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Construction Technology or Engineering or a related discipline is an asset.
- Experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the appropriateness of prospective tenants and ensure legally sound leases are put signed.
- Knowledge of contracting process and Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Knowledge of property management principles, procedures, and standards, as applied to residential and commercial facilities.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing multiple tasks and projects
- A proven track record of growth and sustainability
- Excellent attention to detail
"*" indicates required fields
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.