Senior Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Sunset Excavation
Job Title: Senior Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Operations Supervisor, Sunset Excavation
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reporting to the Excavation Manager, the Senior Operator is primarily responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. Operator must clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures.
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
- Responsible to excavate and backfill foundations using best practices and in accordance with legislated regulations. Operation and maintenance of laser equipment read and understand blueprints, and placement of fill.
- Responsible for hydro trenches in accordance with legislated regulations. (understand utility locates, read and understand blueprints, knowledge and training in excavation to live hydro services)
- Responsible for elevation and demolition practices
- Responsible for sewer/water/storm installation using best practices and in accordance with legislated regulations.
- Responsible for infiltration gallery installation as per best practices and in accordance with legislated regulations
- Responsible for placement of granular material garage infill and compaction lot using best practices and in accordance with legislated regulations.
- Responsible for various other operations for residential properties requiring excavation (hydro trench, driveway/walkway installation, snow removal, sub grade and top soil to finish grade).
- Responsible for overseeing and directing the work of excavation operations while the Manager is off site. This includes ensuring compliance with MOL, MTO while maintaining production schedules and QA deadlines are met.
- Daily activities with equipment include:
- Perform daily safety/maintenance checks
- Clean equipment as required
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise Manager of any repairs or maintenance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Min of 10 years’ extensive experience in operating a heavy machinery
- Valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma
- WHMIS Training and Trenching Training
- Knowledge of equipment safety
- Knowledge of water, sewer, and storm
- Interpersonal skills; able to build relationships with outside contractors and suppliers.
- Able to communicate competently and effectively in the English language
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.