Job Title: Receptionist
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Corporate Services Lead
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
As the first point of contact, this highly professional individual will represent and reflect the company image and values to all visitors and guests. The individual will be punctual, friendly and diligent in the day-to-day duties of receiving calls and visitors, assessing visitor needs and, when necessary, directing calls or visitors to the appropriate personnel. In addition, this person will be extremely accurate and efficient in managing mail, couriers, letters, and office supplies and ensuring the needs of Activa staff are met in a timely manner. The Receptionist will also assist the Corporate Services team with various administrative tasks as required.
- Open and close Reception area each day.
- Receive incoming calls and filter to appropriate office staff, providing assistance as required.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, including delivery to staff.
- Prepare, coordinate, and track all courier deliveries and pick-ups.
- Receive guests at reception area, including offering refreshments.
- Maintain Visitor Badge inventory.
- Maintain office boardrooms, including cleanliness and updating boardroom calendars.
- Prepare and coordinate supply orders for office and site locations.
- Maintain office stationery inventory and provide items to staff on request.
- Assist with office maintenance, including tidying of staff kitchen (on rotational basis).
- Assist with department support assignments (filing, data entry, document creation).
- Other duties as outlined by Management.
- Education in office administration or similar preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Proficient in the use of office equipment – phone, fax, photocopier.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Positive attitude and outlook.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and punctuality.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to interact with others in a tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Energetic and well-organized.
- Enjoys working on a variety of duties at any given time.
"*" indicates required fields
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.