Junior Design Studio Consultant
Job Title: Junior Design Studio Consultant
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Design Studio Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Reporting to the Design Studio Manager, as a Junior Design Studio Consultant, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team providing excellent customer service, which includes, but is not limited to completing all work related to Customer selections (post sale). Additionally, the Junior Design Consultant will participate in the colour selection process for design related projects, spec homes and various activities at the design studio. The ideal candidate will be able to work extremely well within a team atmosphere in a positive and professional manner.
- Follows and consistently demonstrate Activa’s RITE company values.
- Works with customers to establish rapport, create a positive work relationship and environment.
- Faciltates Design Studio Selection of upgrades and finishes with customers as well as spec homes for sales.
- Prepares work/change orders, amendments & selections documents using applicable software system to capture all required information.
- Provides accuracy, clarity and completeness of all selection files and amendments within agreed timelines while adhering to processes and procedures.
- Ensures all customer questions/concerns and issues are answered in a professional and timely manner.
- Manages all inquiries from members of the public, internal staff, suppliers and trades, directing them to the appropriate staff member to assist with their inquiry.
- Provides customers with Design Studio tours and pricing visits and explains to Customers how to identify which displays are applicable to their project or home.
- Ensures all displays are kept tidy, record items to be repaired, update labels and price books and assist in the display of new products.
- Provides administrative support services by composing and preparing word processing forms and correspondence, completing reporting and confirmation calls.
- Responsible for meeting rooms on main level, and ensures the front reception area Bistro area are kept clean and tidy.
- Responsible for the opening and closing procedures.
- Keeps informed of all communities, model homes, and available options specific to communities and company.
- Works with the Design Studio team to collaborate on team projects.
- Rotating weekend schedule.
- Other duties as assigned as required.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum one year experience in interior design or sales field.
- Education in Interior Design field is an asset.
- Colour Theory, materials and Interior Design knowledge.
- Basic understanding of new construction, ability to read and understand site plans / construction drawings and basic understanding of the home buying process are considered assets.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Professional, mature individual with superior customer service skills and proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts
- Highly motivated, with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate to all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a demanding environment
- Excellent time management skills
"*" indicates required fields
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.