Job Title: Junior Accountant
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: Financial Accounting Manager
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Financial Accounting Manager, the Junior Accountant will assist by providing support in the preparation of all working papers, monthly shareholder reporting packages, and numerous other reports.
- Assist with monthly petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting packages
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual working papers
- Assist with report preparation, including loan balances, receivables, letter of credit cash deposits, etc.
- Assist with preparation of accounting information, including inter-company transactions, prepaids, accruals, recurring journal entries and various account reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist with coding questions on invoices
- Ensure expenditure data is recorded accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate expenditure approval processes are in place
- Maintain financial reports to meet financial and operational decision-making requirements
- Correct and understand balances in GL accounts to form a solid reporting foundation
- Provide accounting support services to other departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Enrolled in the CPA program is an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience within an accounting and/or finance department
- Excellent written, verbal and time management skills
- Above average ability to work on numerous projects/tasks simultaneously; and prioritize effectively
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a particularly strong aptitude in MS Excel
- Professional, motivated and enthusiastic
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- High level of integrity and moral judgment
- Highly values detail and accuracy, understanding implications of such in a financial information system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to continually strive for improved quality and pride in all career-related areas
Activa is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.
If you are self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, you are invited to submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our company visit www.activa.ca/our-story.